Glenmount Global Solutions Field Electrician / Specialist, Marine in Portage, Indiana
This position is responsible for inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, installing, modifying, and maintaining U.S. Navy shipboard electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment. Responsibilities include testing, calibrating, maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing integrated control systems and electronic equipment and instrumentation manufactured or supplied by Glenmount.
You will be working closely with project managers and other engineers to leverage their technical experience and expertise in controls, instrumentation, networking and software development to deliver high-quality and high-value solutions.
The location is open, but this position will report into our Portage, IN office.
Should be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works aboard U.S. Navy Surface ships, performs shipboard repairs, and installs simple and/or complex modifications to electrical equipment utilizing plans, schematics, sketches, blue prints or written and/or verbal instructions.
- Repairs, troubleshoots, and replaces electrical equipment including: motor and logic controllers, switchboard mods, load centers buss transfers switches electrical circuits and tests specialized electrical systems able to do work of an electrician under general supervision
- Performance of a variety of complicated tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Perform factory testing, installation, maintenance, calibration and field repair of control panels and MCCs, VFDs, I & C equipment.
- Perform factory and field functional testing of programmed control systems, including PLCs, HMI and SCADA.
- Process calibration documentation in a timely manner.
- Modify PLC and HMI applications in the field.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance on plant instrumentation and equipment.
- Use NIST-traceable calibration equipment to perform precision comparisons.
- Performs diagnostic evaluation and emergency field service for MCCs. VFDs, all I & C equipment including analog, digital, pneumatic and electrical controls.
- Generate test procedures and forms.
- May coordinate start-up activities within GGS, any contractors and owner personnel.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- US Citizenship
- Daily travel may be required
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with at least 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area; may have to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
- High School Diploma or equivalent with Navy ‘A’ / ‘C’ school(s) or completion of a vocational, maritime, or journeyman training program.
- Basic understanding of NEC code and UL508 requirements
- Provide start-up testing of electrical and programmed control systems, including loop checks, drive setup, installation inspection, operational readiness testing, and functional acceptance testing
- Excellent Interpersonal skills for collaboration and teamwork
- Excellent performance in stressful environment
- Work duties could be performed on weekends or holidays to fulfill customer commitments
- Willing to address conflict resolution immediately and without fail
- Must be able to obtain/maintain security and base access clearance. Active clearance is preferred.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, lift a minimum of 50lbs and walk up and down stairs numerous times and or fixed ladders.
Glenmount Global Solutions is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Glenmount Global Solutions will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.
Location: Portage, IN
Job Code: 1219
# of Openings: 1