HEPACO Project Manager 1 (Newburgh) in Newburgh, Indiana
Primary Purpose: The Project Manager is responsible for providing the full range of management, leadership, and supervision required for the successful acquisition, performance, and completion of projects.
- Performs all aspects of project management duties including, but not limited to contract management, quality control, project supervision, accounting, health & safety and resource management
- Responsible for managing all phases of proposal preparation/submission and thoroughly reviewing contracts and negotiated changes prior to contract execution to assure awareness of contents and requirements and ability to perform work
- Participate fully in marketing efforts in establishing new accounts, servicing existing accounts, and procuring new business opportunities
- Ensure that items for field use are purchased in accordance with established procurement regulations and are within budgetary limits
- Personnel management of assigned department to include recruiting, job assignments, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Responsible for assuring that all company-owned vehicles and equipment operate properly and safety and that required periodic maintenance and repairs are accomplished
- Ensure that project cost reporting, revenue reporting, and other financial data are accurate and submitted timely
- Responsible for contacting client to arrange payment on past due accounts
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree in the subject area is a plus but not required with extensive industry and project management experience in assigned or related field; or any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present and communicate with individuals at all levels
- Must be computer literate, and proficient with the MS Office Suite
Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure in a fast pace environment
Entry-level/new Project Manager
- Assigned business development target of < $1M
- Primary responsibilities associated with developing, winning and running projects, including achieving billing and collection goals
- Demonstrates safety as a priority, communicates to team; can perform all safety-related job requirements; promotes near miss reporting
Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment and annual physical examination as required under HEPACO’s Medical Surveillance Program. Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, running, climbing, squatting, and kneeling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance.
Project Managers will work both at headquarters in a typical office environment and at on-site project locations which typically include abandoned warehouses or buildings or outdoor areas. The work environment at a potential or actual project location is usually dirty, dusty, noisy, contains hazardous/or potentially hazardous substances or materials and is subject to inclement or extreme weather conditions. Frequent travel is required.
This position is exempt from overtime.
HEPACO is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Title: Project Manager 1 (Newburgh)
Location: Newburgh (Evansville) - Newburgh, IN 47630 US (Primary)
Education: Bachelor's Degree