Trinitas Construction Intern - Field Intern in Lafayette, Indiana
Principal Objective of Position:
The Construction Field Intern will be tasked with assisting the Construction Field Staff with daily on site responsibilities. He/she will work directly with the Construction staff but will have daily interaction with the subcontractors, city officials, and design engineers.
• Prepare the student with leadership responsibilities in a technologically oriented, diverse, dynamic and global construction environment.
• Training in project management from a field perspective.
• Become familiar with OSHA safety requirements and general safety practices of the industry.
• Become familiar with general building codes and life-safety requirements.
• Learn how to effectively coordinate construction activities with subcontractors, designers, engineers, and ownership.
• Assist field engineer with document control.
• Assist with managing Construction Documents (Updating drawings, maintaining logs, & online data bases)
• Organize and maintain Construction Drawings with the latest revision/ASI/RFI/etc.
• Assist with punch out and punch list management/tracking
• Assist with Project Close-out and Hand-off responsibilities
• Assist in the managing daily activities of work and take necessary action to assure that the project objectives of cleanliness, safety, price, schedule, quality and process are met.
• Attend construction coordination meetings, operation review meetings, and other project and staff meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education Experience & Abilities:
• HS Diploma/GED required.
• Must have completed 1 year of an undergraduate degree and be actively pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Construction Management, Construction Technology, Civil Engineering, or related field at an accredited College or University.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Solid understanding of construction process and methods required.
• Strong communication and organization skills required.
• Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans, drawings, and specifications.
• Must be willing to travel.
• General interest in “hands-on” experience
• Willingness to verify field construction activities and interact with construction trade personnel.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite software.
• Previous experience with BlueBeam/Adobe Acrobat
• Directly assist in the successful execution of other team member’s roles and responsibilities.
• Completed 2 to 3 years of undergraduate study towards a Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Construction Management, Construction Technology, Civil Engineering, or related field from an accredited college or University.
• Previous experience with SureTrak
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• May be asked to work on a construction job site.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to use close and distance vision.
• Must be able to use a computer and manipulate a keyboard.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak English language to effectively communicate with others on the worksite.
External Company Name: Trinitas Ventures LLC
External Company URL: www.trinitas-ventures.com
Street: 201 Main Street, Suite 1000