Rieth-Riley Construction Company Superintendent - Indianapolis, IN in Indianapolis, Indiana
Superintendent – Indianapolis, IN
Join Rieth-Riley and help our team Pave the Road to Success! Rieth-Riley is a team of motivated, highly qualified individuals who are committed to the success of each and every project. The employee owners at Rieth-Riley proudly remain dedicated to moving forward. It's the way we think, the way we act — the way we approach every asphalt, concrete, bridge, and all construction projects. We are a 100% employee owned company. So, we truly think like owners and take personal pride and care in every project we construct. We offer competitive wages and an excellent fringe benefit package.
Schedule, coordinate and supervise crews, subcontractors, equipment, and materials for multiple jobs. Responsible for job costs and for meeting project schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establish plans and schedules for assigned projects
- Maintain liaison with representative to coordinate job schedule, changes and any construction issues that arise
- Maintain liaison with Project Manager to ensure all work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedules
- Assist Project Manager in developing change orders
- Assist Project Manager with production of pay estimates
- Resolve or participate in resolving construction problems
- Review and evaluate daily costs, time sheets, truck and equipment usage
- Team with Area Operations Manager and Project Manager in maintaining communication with unions, resolving jurisdictional disputes, requisitioning personnel are fully implemented at job site
- Monitor craft compliance with safety program requirements, and document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Remain in liaison with other departments (i.e., Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure that all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc. are in place to support craft activities and project schedule
- Schedule, direct, and manage crew foreman on a daily basis, to insure productive and profitable execution of the work
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in heavy highway related field
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Must have good organization skills
- Must be quick to adapt and able to thrive in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential
- Problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer – It is the policy of Rieth-Riley to assure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizen status, and/or any other applicable legally-recognized protected class under local, state or federal law.
Individuals with disabilities that require reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application process should contact Rieth-Riley’s Human Resources Department by phone 574-875-5183 or by email email@example.com.