Gardant Management Solutions Maintenance Assistant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Director is responsible for assisting with review of critical utility systems and for the upkeep of the physical plant and all equipment in the facility including HVAC system, gas, water, lighting and power, refrigeration, decorations, lawn care, and related duties as required. The individual shall work as a team with all department heads. He/she will assist with all matters related to fire prevention and safety.
Essential Position Functions:
- Ensure the maintenance of lawns and landscaping, including cutting grass and snow removal as assigned
- Assist with preventative maintenance on a scheduled basis in accordance with written procedures and/or manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Maintain work order records on individual equipment that reflect labor, material cost, and materials required.
- Mechanically repair, replace, and/or install minor equipment, hardware, and controls. Such scope of work is to be cleared through the Maintenance Director and Administrator.
- Assist in maintaining water heaters, furnaces, air conditioners, kitchen equipment and associated equipment.
- Use hand tools and carpenter’s, electrician’s and plumber’s tools as requested.
- Conduct fire and disaster drills in accordance with facility policies.
- Assist in promoting facility safety program and a safe working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by facility administration. Qualifications:
Individual should have a high school diploma or its equivalent. Should be able to set work priorities and work independently in the absence of supervision and be able to understand and carry-out oral and written directions.
The individual should have at least 2 years of maintenance experience, a steady work record, and must be able to perform each of the essential position functions.
Typical duties involve standing, walking, climbing, stooping, lifting, and performing indoor and outdoor activities. Must meet health assessment requirements.