In-Home Assembly Installation Technician II - Indianapolis, IN supporting Amazon - ( 19001431 )
Description For over 20 years, Goodman has provided precision services for the world’s largest media and tech companies by offering residential and commercial field service support and program management for regional and national installation and maintenance programs for network operators, e-retailers and electronics manufacturers.
A Delivery Service Technician II is a more experienced or skilled DST I. A DST II is responsible for the delivery and assembly of, among other things, consumer and office products such as furniture, backyard playsets, appliances, grills, TV mounts, exercise and other products or equipment (“Products”) at customers’ homes or businesses while delivering the ultimate customer service (“white glove”) experience. The Products a DST II delivers and assembles may be more complex or advanced than what a DST I handles. The DST II is responsible for being customer-facing and ensuring the customer’s overall satisfaction with the delivery and assembly.
Essential and Primary Functions:
- Drive a delivery truck, cargo or sprinter van, and follow a time schedule.
- Ability to manage and record inventory movements within a warehouse setting.
- Safely load and unload the delivery vehicle with a dolly or hand truck and use blankets or packing to prevent damage to the Product, delivery vehicle, or customer’s home.
- Unbox and assemble a variety of Products based on instruction manuals, blueprint specifications, parts lists, and drawings.
- Take precise measurements to ensure accurate fit of Products in the customer’s home.
- Collect proof of delivery, printed or digital signatures from the customer on required forms.
- Collect non-cash payments from customers, if applicable, via payment application.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete required printed or digital logs and reports.
- Keep a clean and tidy work area at the customer’s home, including wearing booties inside the home, post-assembly removal of packing materials and debris from the customer’s home.
- Must be able to meet the required physical demands listed below, including but not limited to, lifting and moving up to 50-200 pounds on a regular basis with the help of a lifting partner or a dolly.
- Responsible for serving as the customer’s primary point-of-contact during delivery and assembly and ensuring the customer experience is second-to-none.
Goodman Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- Communicate well with customers, employees, and various company departments.
- Must be team-oriented and work well with others.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and in accordance with all safety standards.
- Needs to be self-motivated.
- Ability to use reason and judgment to solve any problems or issues that may arise.
- Must maintain superior customer service, professionalism and a positive attitude to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Inspect delivery vehicle pre- and post-service trips to ensure it is clean and organized and monitor its maintenance and repair in accordance with company policy.
- Meet all company and industry safety requirements.
- Place orders for supplies.
- Performs other job-related duties as required by business needs.
Qualifications Minimum Job Requirements:
- At least 21 years of age and legally able to work in the United States.
- 1-year experience in similar “white glove” customer service functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:Certificates, Licenses, Registration and Requirements:
- Advanced knowledge of hand tools and power tools.
- Basic computer skills (e-mail, mobile apps) and experience operating mobile devices.
- Available to work a flexible work schedule (weekends / holidays / evenings).
- Able to work in fast paced fluid environment.
- Reliable attendance record: on time every day required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of customer purchases or records.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess appropriate licenses such as low voltage, HVAC, plumbing, as well as other required licensing depending on the Product being installed.
- Must be able to lift and move large, bulky and/or heavy merchandise up to 200 lbs. multiple times a day, with help of a lifting partner or dolly multiple times a day.
- Must be able to work 8-10-hour days and perform repetitive bending and twisting motions.
- Must be able to push/pull and lift at or above chest level.
- Must be able to climb in and out of the cab and box truck and move equipment up and down staircases.
- Must be able to consistently perform firm hand grips of >50lbs.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to drive a cargo van or 14’-26’ straight truck and potentially operate a lift gate.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Primary Location : United States-IN-Indianapolis
Job : Operations
Organization : GOODMAN
Job Posting : Jul 29, 2020, 12:21:54 PM
Req ID: 19001431