Aerotek Finishing Carpenter in Indianapolis, Indiana
Aerotek is looking to hiring a qualified carpenter in their installation department which provides technical implementation (& removal) of ATMs, Signage & branding, under counter steel, vaults, safes, safety deposit boxes, pneumatic etc.
They are seeking a Carpenter to support their Bank projects. Most projects are ATM Installation, but there are other bank renovations projects. These projects are fast track and high volume. Will work on a small team and they travel to the sites and complete the work throughout the state.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the carpenter include:
• Works from drawings and other written and verbal instructions to determine job specs including materials required, layout, and dimensions of project.
• Secures site during installation. Safeguards equipment, tools, and vehicles.
• Performs necessary modifications to site to prepare site for equipment installation. May use hoists, lift trucks, and other specialized tools to dismantle existing equipment and/or construction.
• Uses hand tools, power tools, and other devices to install equipment and build surrounding structure that may include and is not limited to using hoists, welding, hanging drywall, installing counters, cabinets, ceilings, floors, signage, etc.
• Performs the loading and unloading of Company trucks using mechanical and power lifts including fork trucks.
• May dig footers, pour concrete pads, and perform other construction-related laborer tasks to include minor landscaping.
• Completes company paperwork and other required documentation.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Valid Drivers license and safe driving record
Minimum 2 years of carpentry experience
Ability to use hand and power tools
Ability to read, write, and accurately follow oral, written, and graphic instructions
Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
Ability to measure using a ruler/tape measure
Ability to communicate effectively with customers, contractors, and co-workers
Must be hard working and able to work with minimal supervision
Must be able to work in a team environment
Must be willing to work nights and weekends (some jobs can't be performed during regular business hours). They will work different schedule depending on the job they are on.
Ability to read commercial carpentry blue prints.
Must be able to lift 100 lbs. Must be able to push/pull/position objects weighing up to 5,000 lbs with mechanical lifts and assistance from crew members.
Ability to work inside and outside year round in different types of weather.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs