Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) ELECTRONICS MECHANIC (Title 32) in Indianapolis, Indiana
THIS IS AN INDIANA NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION
This National Guard position is part of the IN CSMS 1, National Guard, under Position Description Number D1204000.
If you would like the complete list of duties, please contact the POC of this announcement.
Learn more about this agency
- Performs troubleshooting and routine repairs.
- Performs functional tests, analyzes performance and malfunctions, removes, installs, tests, maintains, modifies, performs alignments and troubleshoots equipment.
- Performs field and limited sustainment maintenance to include installation, routine maintenance, repair, and overhaul of fixed and mobile operational communication and electronics systems.
- Uses various types of test equipment to include systems test sets.
- Isolates and diagnoses cause of circuit/component malfunction using signal string lists, schematics, standard, special and electronic Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) or repair equipment
- May conduct or be involved in a Maintenance Assistance and Instruction Team (MAIT) or act as an inspector on a Command Maintenance Evaluation Team (COMET) on electronic, automation, communication, and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2604 Electronics Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- National Guard Membership is required. Must be a current member of the Indiana Army National Guard.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
Military Grades: E-4 thru E-9 or WO1
Compatible Military Assignments: ENL CMF: 25, 94 MOS: 13D, 13M, 13P, 13R, 14E, 14T, 14Z, 15E, 29E, 35T, 91A, 91F, 91G, 91H, 91M, 91P, 91S, 91X, 91Z WO CMF:25, 29, 91, 94, 14
Military Specialty Requirements: Individuals must meet the qualifications for the technician position but will have 1 year from date of hire to be assigned to a compatible MOS/AFSC in a compatible unit for the technician position advertised.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates the applicants knowledge of electrical or electronic theory, knowledge of common testing procedures, skill in the use of hand tools of the electronics trade, and skill in reading schematics.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE*:* 18 months experience or training in utilizing principles, basic functions and application of theory of electronic systems or equipment. Experience in diagnosing problems and determining needed repairs for malfunctions in electronic equipment or systems. Experience in making mechanical repairs that required the use of precision measuring and calibrating equipment. Experience in using complex test equipment such as deviation meters, complex special test panels, etc. Experience which demonstrates the ability to interpret technical manuals, specifications, and publications.
Specialized Experience Requirements for NGB Federal Wage System Positions for claiming civilian job experience:Creditable experience must have been performed at least 30 consecutive days and be properly documented. Experience in the same line of work can only be credited on the basis of a regular 40-hour workweek. Hours per week MUST be documented on resume to receive any credit.
**After appointment, reassignment, change to lower grade or promotion through an Indiana job vacancy announcement, an employee must wait at least 18 months before applying for another technician position. This does NOT INCLUDE Temp appointments (Tenure 0) or Temp Promotions. If you would like to request a waiver, download the memorandum from https://states.gkoportal.ng.mil/states/IN/JFHQ/J1%20HRO/default.aspx OR contact the POC if needed. Waivers will only be considered by the Human Resources Officer on a case by case basis AND MUST be submitted with your application.
THIS MEMORANDUM MUST BE ROUTED AND SIGNED AND APPROVED BY YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND WITH THE HRO AS THE FINAL APPROVAL IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED AS A VALID DOCUMENT.**
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Ability To Use and Maintain Hand Tools (Electrical Work), Ability To Use Electrical Drawings, Electronics, and Technical Problem Solving
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application / Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section. To view the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10299227
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
IN CSMS 1 4150 W Minnesota St Indianpolis, IN 46241 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/509923200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/06/2018 to 09/19/2018
Pay scale & grade: WG 10
Salary: $27.56 to $32.17 per hour
Appointment type: Temporary - INDEFINITE NTE 24 MONTHS W/ PERMANENT POTENTIAL
Work schedule: Full-Time