WindStream Communications Construction Manager I/II-Outside Plant in Indianapolis, Indiana
/Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority!/
About the Role:
The OSP Construction Manager has overall responsibility for the coordination of design, permitting, material acquisition, construction and tie-in of outside plant construction projects and programs. The employee will monitor all aspects of the project and expedite or escalate as appropriate to achieve the cost, quality and schedule goals for the project. The OSP Construction Manager will make recommendations to management regarding ways to get the project back on track to meet cost, quality and schedule goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Conceptual development and budget management of projects and programs (route development, estimate costs, plan projects, schedule projects, and mapping)
- Identify pole ownership, right of way and permit requirements for proposed routes
- Communicate with city, county and state permitting agencies
- Work with private property owners such as individuals and railroad companies to secure easements and licenses
- Work with telephone companies and private building owners to secure building entrance approval and installation of building entrances
- Develop construction bid documents and bid analysis
- Recommend contractors and contract negotiations
- Complete and secure city, state and county permit applications
- Complete pole attachment applications and pole line make ready review
- Monitor contractor progress, contractor quality inspection, and timely turnover of assigned projects
- Monitor and ensure SSP (Single Source Provider) on track to meet service level agreements
- Summarize potential solutions and make logical recommendations to management
- Read and interpret construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that are used in the splicing of fiber optics
- Review preliminary construction prints from right-of-way authorities and determine potential conflicts; attend utility coordination meetings and construction progress meetings as needed
Do you have?
- Strong and effective technical communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to be a self-starter, able to work with little guidance
- Ability to work in a self-directed work group, work easily with others and be a team player
- Ability to analyze problems and priorities and make decisions
- A love of solving problems and building solutions
- A college degree in Engineering or similar discipline and/or 2 years technical experience
- CAD/E, Microstation, AutoCad or other similar design programs
- Previous Outside Plant Construction Manager experience
- Experience with working with city, county and/or State agencies
- Management of Contractor experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life and Child Life Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
Windstream Holdings, Inc.is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small business, enterprise organizations along with carrier partners across the United States.
Primary Location: *US-Indiana-Indianapolis
Job Category: Engineering
Requisition ID: 21000495
Other Locations: US-Indiana-Indianapolis
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs