Indiana University Health 211068 - Technician-Maintenance in Indianapolis, Indiana
Performs scheduled and non-scheduled preventive maintenance, responding to dispatched general maintenance calls, and troubleshooting/repairing secondary utility systems of buildings, plumbing, air-conditioning, electrical and air systems. Maintains, repairs and inspects specialized machinery and equipment in accordance with code and regulatory requirements. Recommends through the appropriate channels any improvements and corrections to the facilities equipment and/or systems that meet overall patient care needs. Coordinates functions with other services and departments. Performs routine building and grounds inspections. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• May require a valid Indiana driver?s license with proof of insurance.
• Requires general knowledge of specialized areas including electrical secondary systems, plumbing systems, fire system devices and air systems.
• Requires the ability to read and interpret information from blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
• Requires general knowledge in the use of power and hand tools.
• Requires basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of applicable building codes related to healthcare preferred.
•Requires a minimum of 2 years relevant experience. REQNUMBER: 304671