Black & Veatch Construction Manager 1 in IN, Indiana
Construction Manager 1
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 32903
Job Title : Construction Manager 1
Location : VRTLIN, VRTLOH
Business Unit Sector : COR-POWER-PROJECTS SERVICES
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : Yes
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Construction Manager with telecom, electrical and/or solar experience. This position is responsible for the successful construction execution of subcontract projects. The Construction Manager has authority to allocate resources and make construction decisions for the assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual Commitments.
- Accountable for site safety, quality, schedule and cost on assigned projects. This position is responsible for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution. Must be able to perform accurate material and scope take-offs. Must be able to reconcile construction activities and manage scope change during construction. A strong understanding of construction practices, safety standards and organizational skills is a must. * Accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction. * Serves as single-point of contact, between the Lead Construction Manager and construction execution. * Responsible for Safety & Quality inspections on all assigned construction projects. * Conduct daily and weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors. * Providing oversight of construction execution on multiple construction projects working concurrently. * Must be able to maintain and manage sub-contractor relationships, assuring work is performed in accordance with project requirements. * Interface direct with on-site client representative for contractor access and to ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner. * Must be able to take corrective action as necessary. * Will be required to develop detailed material take offs and scope of services lists from Engineering drawings. * Must track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion to meet schedule and budget expectations. * Reports project status and performance data as required to management. * Complete the quality control punch-list and drive open issues to closure in a timely manner. * Identify and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add value.
3+ years of relevant (Solar, Electrical and/or Telecommunication industry) Construction Experience required.
Must be knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
BCSP Safety Certification preferred.
Experience with cloud-based computing and interfacing with online databases.
Conflict management skills.
Leadership (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising, etc.).
Problem solving skill (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
Due diligence with the ability to create your own schedule and drive issues to closure.
Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or relevant experience. 2 years with a degree or 3 years at Superintendent level. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
• Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
• See and hear naturally or with correction.
• Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.
• Requires repetitive movement.
• May require work above 5 feet in height.
• Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
• Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other outside conditions.
• Typical construction site environment:
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32F degrees) temperatures and exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, snow, rain, etc.
• Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
• Work around hazardous equipment.
• Typical office environment.
• This position is considered a safety sensitive position.
CNS: Construction Services
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Job Segment: Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Construction Engineer, Engineering
Black & Veatch
- Black & Veatch Jobs