United States Steel Operating Technician (New Hire) in Gary, Indiana
10547BRJob Description:This position is for a Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Qualified candidates must have the advanced theory and knowledge of the following:
• Mobile equipment hydraulic systems
• DC electrical systems
• Combustion engines
• Running gears
• Pneumatic systems
• Motor controls
• Must successfully pass both written and hands on assessment.
• 1 year of manufacturing/industrial experience or equivalent.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• The position may require rotating 8 hour shift work, which will include Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, boots with metatarsal protection, and when necessary respirator equipment.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.Auto req ID:10547BRRequisition Type:US-WagePosting Title:Mobile Equipment MechanicState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:Gary Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver ResultsEqual Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)Job Category:Manufacturing & Production