84 Lumber Multi-Family Estimator in Fishers, Indiana
Requisition Number: 0707 MFEST 001
Job Title: Multi-Family Estimator
Salary Range: N/A
Return to list of 84 Lumber Career Opportunities
The estimator position is responsible for residential and commercial takeoffs for both installed and material projects. This incumbent reviews plans and specifications relative to the schedule and scope of work, and works closely with salespeople to coordinate construction projects and paperwork. Estimators will:
- Conduct material takeoffs
- Utilize computer for blueprint takeoffs
- Communicate with professional builders
- Communicate with salesman
- Associates Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or 6 months to 1 year of related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use architectural technology to read blueprints and perform material take offs.
- Computer Skills: On-Screen takeoff software, Microsoft Office Suite, Intermediate excel skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of building codes, UL assembly, wood framing process preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations, write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
84 Lumber Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.