Lamar Advertising ENTRY LEVEL BILLBOARD INSTALLER in EVANSVILLE, Indiana
ENTRY LEVEL BILLBOARD INSTALLER Posted 10/26/2018
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day from a bird's eye view? This job is action packed, and we provide all training and equipment to start your career in the outdoor advertising industry. Our billboard Installers safely and efficiently complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard advertising installations per week. If you like what you've heard so far and are comfortable working independently and planning your day, we have a full time opportunity for you! Our Lamar office in Evansville, IN is now hiring a new Operations team member to help us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in Evansville, IN and the surrounding areas.
Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a variety of advertising formats, helping both local and national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve. We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel connected both locally and nationally.
We offer a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401k plan, and incentivized wellness programs.
Position Purpose: The purpose of this entry level, full time position is to install and maintain billboards, including installation of advertisements, maintenance of structures, and the construction upkeep of billboard cosmetics. This entry level, full time position most often works alone and must be able to manage work schedules effectively.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES: * Installing and maintaining all Billboards. * Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyl's, cut and prepare flexes and vinyl's for installation, cut, prepare and install copy on Tri-Visions. * Maintain construction structures-repairs including but not limited to: tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing trim and various parts of the billboard sign face and structure, change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble structures and faces when required. * Building and installing extensions on billboards, cutting brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs, minor electrical repairs, and sweeping/cleaning workshop area. * Use power/manual tools, must adhere to all safety regulations. * Attend installer and construction safety meetings as required. * Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools, equipment and machinery. * Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of performance of installation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to work alone and manage work schedule effectively.
- Good communication skills. Ability to speak and read English fluently.
- Must be willing to work and get along well with others.
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and Microsoft Word & Excel. *Ability to comply with Lamar safety standards while performing work.
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other tools to the worksite from wehicle.
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and diagrams.
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT), and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), safety regulations.
- Ability to safely use construction equipment, in regards to the construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground safely.
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and written logs.
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation to construction and operations tasks.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course required.
- One additional certification is required, depending on location need: CDL/Non-CDL, Crane, Signal,Rigging, or LDD.
- Previous experience working at heights up to 200 ft. above ground preferred.
- Construction and/or billboard installation experience a plus, but not required.
- Or some equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The primary wor environment for this position is outdoors, requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and climb to heights up tp 200 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting (Up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing (with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and climbing.
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
- On-call shifts may be required.
This position starts at $14.50 / hour with occasional overtime opportunities, and we compensate more for relevant experience and licenses. We provide performance-based wage increases as well as wage increases for Lamar-sponsored training certifications.
812-477-9203 x212 Phone
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans or any other State or Federally protected characteristic