United States Steel Maintenance Technician - Mech (New Hire) in East Chicago, Indiana
9409BRJob Description:Job Description:
The Maintenance Technician Mechanical job is a core component for our maintenance force and requires a trained and experienced individual to contribute to our success as one of the world’s largest steel producers. The Maintenance Technician Mechanical performs mechanical maintenance functions necessary to maintain operating and service equipment using standard and specialized tools and mobile equipment, such as pendant and overhead cranes and forklifts as required.
As a Maintenance Technician Mechanical, you will install, maintain, repair, and operate a broad range of mechanical systems and equipment in a heavy industrial environment to maintain continuous operations.
• Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair a broad range of mechanical systems and equipment including hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, power transmission systems, conveyors, cranes, and mobile equipment.
• Provide assistance in operating functions as necessary.
• May be required to work at heights and/or in confined space.
• May work alone with minimal supervision or with other maintenance technicians.
• Work in various areas of the plant location is required. Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy.
• Minimum of 1 year manufacturing and/or industrial experience (including relevant experience gained in military service) or equivalent education. This includes experience in any of the following: hydraulic, pneumatic, lubrication, power transmission systems, welding, pipe-fitting, structural repair, and diesel mechanic.
• High School Diploma or GED
• The position requires you to work 8 hour rotating shifts, which will include Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, and boots with metatarsal protection.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.
• Must pass assessment test(s)Auto req ID:9409BRCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-WagePosting Title:Maintenance Technician - Mechanical - East Chicago TinState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:East Chicago Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:- As an individual contributor, qualified candidates for this role also must demonstrate the ability to champion change and effective communication while contributing to team success.Equal Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results & accountability, and focus on cost, quality, and customer. We promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.