Penguin Random House LLC Facilities Engineer in Crawfordsville, Indiana
Penguin Random House, LLC is the world's largest general trade book publisher. It is a division of Bertelsmann AG, one of the foremost media companies in the world.
The Crawfordsville Operations Center located in Montgomery County, Indiana (30 minutes from the greater Indianapolis area) has an incredible opportunity for a driven, self-motivated individual to be part of our Operations Services team. This unique position involves thoroughly understanding our operation and associated systems and collaborating with people at all levels within the organization in support of our objective to strengthen the world’s largest general trade book publisher by having the best supply chain the publishing industry.
Cultural fit is essential. If you prefer consistent routine and repetition, this is not the position for you. Rarely are two days ever the same. A resourceful, detail-oriented individual that is motivated by team success over individual success and has strong communication skills, proficient organizational skills and effective time management skills will be successful in this role.
• Planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and equipment of buildings and facilities to improve productivity and facilitate growth
• Working with the Safety Supervisor and other Safety Champions to coordinate and lead the PRH Safety program, which includes Safety training, Powered Industrial Equipment (PIE) training, local Safety Team, OSHA compliance, Safety Week, annual shoe mobile visit, 1st Responder team and training
• Responding to emergency situations
• Manage non-maintenance vendors and relationships including security, vending, landscaping, snow removal, etc.
• Supporting Finance, Maintenance and Management by to creating annual Capital Budget, managing non-production cost centers and tracking facility's physical assets
• Creating and maintaining accurate CAD drawings of the facility
• Attending conferences and seminars to be knowledgeable about current related topics
• Participating on community boards, such as Workforce Development
• College degree or equivalent work experience in distribution operations or supply chain
• Knowledge of OSHA Safety guidelines, relevant regulations and codes
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent PC Skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
• Some travel is required
• On call in case of emergency
• Occasional weekend work as needed
• Monday through Friday onsite position (limited work from home opportunities)
Penguin Random House, LLC offers an excellent benefits package for which you are eligible your first day, a competitive salary and an extremely generous paid time off program!
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Thank you for your interest in Penguin Random House. Penguin Random House is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company: Penguin Random House LLC Country: United States of America State/Region: Indiana City: Crawfordsville Postal Code: 47933 Job ID: 110443 110443Penguin Random House LLC
Penguin Random House LLC
- Penguin Random House LLC Jobs