Valero Manager Health, Safety & Environmental - Ethanol Plant in BLUFFTON, Indiana
Responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health and safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and permits under OSHA (including PSM), EPA, DENR, TTB, FRA and any other non-financial regulating body.
- Owns overall management system structure for compliance assurance and integrates all compliance tools into plant operations.
- Ensures all plant modifications receive appropriate permitting approval in timely manner to support construction schedule and all plant/system changes are managed through plant Management of Change (MOC) procedure.
- Maintains positive, proactive relationships with all regulatory contacts creating easy communication flow and positive view of plant by regulators.
- Ensures systems are in place to provide complete compliance with all regulations.
- Ensures training systems provide proper platform to promote ever increasing standards for safe work execution.
- Works with plant leadership team to implement changes that increase performance in all EH&S areas.
- Ensures all required compliance audits are performed, gaps are communicated and deficiency plans are developed and implemented.
- Develops leading and lagging measures that clearly articulate plant performance.
- Writes monthly reports on accomplishments, gaps and improvement plan progress.
- Develops and implements succession plan for future plants and projects.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Sciences required.
- Ten years of overall work experience in operating an industrial facility required.
- Five years experience in a Health, Safety, or Environmental role working in an industrial facility subject to OSHA 1910 and applicable EPA regulations or comparable experience required.
- Experience with state pollution control standards preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 14 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.7 billion gallons per year.
About Valero Renewables – Bluffton
Valero Renewables-Bluffton is located about 30 miles south of Fort Wayne, IN. The bio-refinery sits on 422 acres and started ethanol production in September 2008. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Bluffton plant annually processes nearly 38 million bushels of corn into 120 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery has a nameplate capacity of 110 million gallons of ethanol per year and employs approximately 60 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans. *LI-LP1
Job: Health, Safety, %26 Environmental: Professionals %26 Engineers
Primary Location: US-IN-Bluffton
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2018, 8:33:25 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18001JH